Pages

Saturday 17 January 2015

Getting my creativity back - I hope!

I have been thinking of making a cute cushion to decorate my bed over the past few days. I searched Pinterest and found some amazing ideas.
I had just the fabric in mind - my favorite kind of blue. And then I remembered that I had some lace that my granny had given me years ago. After playing around a bit, I decided to add the lace in a straight line across the pillow and then applique my hearts on top.
I had ironed the fabric for my three hearts onto applique paper and cut them out. Placing them onto the cushion fabric, I ironed them on gently - did not want to damage my lace.

I also decided that I did not want to use satin or blanket stitch around the hearts but would be adventurous and try some other embroidery stitches that my wonderful Bernina machine has.


Next, I searched for some items to add to pretty up my cushion cover. Buttons? Bows? Ribbon? I love scratching through the boxes of buttons and have always done so since I can remember. My mom had a chocolate box filled with different buttons and I really loved looking at them all as a child. I found some gorgeous ones in my own boxes and sewed them onto my cushion. 
Lastly I sewed the cover together to create my cushion cover. I made an envelope back and sewed two buttonholes and two buttons on to make sure the back closes tightly. Voila! My gorgeous cushion cover finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment